Saturday, December 09, 2006

Wow, it's Saturday already...


Buddy....is on the left
Sa-Mi....is below








Ok, where do I begin...yes the dryer was still broke...not really sure if it is fix yet since I did all the wash with it still broke. It took two cycles to dry the cloths. I called on Wednesday and he came Thursday around 10:30. Of course my husband decided to not go into work that day. We were going to go to lunch but didn't get the chance cause we had to wait for the dryer to get fixed. That was also my last resort. If it didn't get fixed I was going to go buy a new one. So after the dryer guy left he wanted to go for a ride.

We get in the truck and start driving. To my surprise we end up at FAPS (Fayetteville Animal Protection Society) to get another dog. That is what I asked for for Christmas. We sadly had to put our Max, who was only 6 years old, down because he had cancer right before we moved. There were so many dogs there. No puppies at all. We were there for about 3 hours. We ended up with a cute little Collie mix male dog. He is only 11 months old and was born on Christmas. His name is Sa-Mi (Sammy). I was a little worried about Buddy (our Shephard mix). But so far so good. He has really adjusted very well. The girls at the FAPS called him crazy Sa-mi cause he has so much energy. But he is still a puppy yet and Buddy has been playing with him which is a very good thing.

Thursday night my husband went to pick up the bike. Of course, as our luck would have it, it didn't start. So he stayed there to charge it. On Friday, my husband went into work for a little while. He was home by lunch so we had our lunch a day late. It was nice. He went and got the bike and it started so he drove it home. He started packing to go on his TDY trip and he packed his notebook but forgot that he was locked out of it. Me and my big mouth asked him if he was able to get into it and of course all hell broke loose and we had a big fight. So on our last night together I slept on the couch. When I woke up I took him to get his rental car and of course the manager was late getting there and we had to sit in the truch much longer than I planned but as fate would have it we ended up talking and it was really nice. Then we said our goodbuys and off he went. I have to say I really needed this brake from him. We have not been together this long (9 months) in the whole 12 years we have been together. He is either deployed or TDY or PCS somewhere. So I think this week apart will really be a help for both of us. It has been such a stree free day. The boys and I went to church tonight, we hit the mall, we got pizza and all ate at the table and just enjoyed the day.

Tomorrow I start my list of things to do with raking all the leaves in the front yard. But for today I am going to enjoy my last couple of hours laying on the couch with the dogs, reading a book, watching some TV and enjoying life.

No comments: