Saturday, December 30, 2006

Last post of the year...maybe...




I can't believe that 2006 is almost over. Where did it go. I remember when I was a kid and the time would go by really slow and now that I am an adult it seems to fly by. Looking back on 2006 almost seems like a blurr. We started the year off with the husband being deployed until April. When he came home he finally bought a new truck, which he needed so badly. Then in June we found out that we were PCS to Ft. Bragg from Ft. Campbell. We also found out that our dog Max had cancer. We put him down right before he had to report by August 20th which didn't really give us too much time to get ready to go. The house went up for sale, we took a house hunting trip to North Carolina in July, and by August 17th we were off to our new location. I registered the boys in school while we lived in a hotel for 2 months until we found a house to buy and closed Nov 1st and got our HHG Nov 6th. We did manage to have our first Thanksgiving and Christmas in our new house and here it is the end of December already and the start of a new year is right around the corner. So I ask where did this year go?

So do I dare make a new years resolution? I could stand to loose a couple of pounds,(living in a hotel does not make for a good eating situation) make some new friends, start my workouts again, (I sure do miss them), try to be more patient and understanding, get my last two rooms organized, boy this sounds more like a to do list which I have many of.

I can say that I do miss my old friends, especially the ones from Ft. Drum. I really didn't get to spend a lot of time at Ft. Campbell, only two years compared to Drum which was 11 years. I made some great friends that I still keep in contact with. I especially made some great friends from the PBS TV station that I worked at. As much as I complained about it I really had some fun times and great memories.

So I guess my new years resolution would be to make some more great memories.

May hope, love, and warmth be in your heart’s possessing, and may the New Year bring you and yours many blessings.
Happy New Year 2007.

No comments: