Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It's Wednesday already...

I know I haven't posted in a couple of days. Things here are crazy one minute and sane the next. I have been trying to get my husbands hot tub hooked up. This has become a major nightmare. Who would think that it would be so hard to run an electrical line to the hot tub, but it is. I had everyone mark out their lines but no one marked to the well, which runs on electricity. So I called back and they said that they didn't run the line to the well and can't mark it. So now I have to hire a private contractor to find and mark the lines and I can't find one in the area that I live in. So who ever I hire has to drive about 2 hours to do a 5 minute job. But hopefully when my husband returns from his TDY trip next week most of it will be done.

I had to have the gas man back to fix my dryer. He was supposed to come yesterday afternoon and at 5:30 (which I consider evening not afternoon) he called to ask me if he could come today instead. He did show up on time today and ordered the part and said he will be back tomorrow morning to install it. I will keep my fingers crossed. I did manage to do my boys wash and it only took me 5 hours to do two loads. Not bad huh...

I sent out a resume today. I promised my husband that I wouldn't do that until all the work was done in the house and all the paper work was complete. But I have to say that all the unpacking is all done but it is not all put away. The job sounded too good to pass up. So will see what happens. I can always say no if it is not what I am looking for.

My dad had surgery on his knee yesterday morning. They found that is was worse than they thought. He will be in therapy for 4 weeks not 2 now, which means he will not be at home for Christmas. But he will only be about 15 minutes away so my mom can go and visit all the time.

Things for the past couple of days have been good. I never know what husband is going to show up and with me being at home and not being able to do the things I love to do...workout, tan and have a job...it can get somewhat tense around here. So I am trying my best to keep my mouth shut on some stuff and be thankful that I have a husband home this year for the holidays.

No comments: