Friday, December 22, 2006

Friday before Christmas...

Here is it Friday before Christmas. I have to admit that things around here have been pretty good for the last two days. After the blow up on Wednesday, I think he knew that I had had it. I started looking for places to rent. Actually that is pretty funny since I don't have a job yet. But I have to say that I was called the other day for an interview. I don't want to go into details just yet. I was really surprised since I sent my one and only resume out about two weeks ago and thought that it was just trashed. The interview is not until the beginning of the year which is fine with me. It will give me time to finish up some stuff I need to do around here.

It's been raining here all day long. I had some last minute stuff to do...or should I say my husband had some last minute stuff for me to do and then we met for a nice lunch. I have to say it is really nice that the kids are older. I do miss some of the excitement that goes along with the belief of Santa...but it was so nice to go and just have them get stuff that they wanted and be done with the mad rush of Christmas. This has got to be one of the easiest Christmas yet.

Christmas is really not one of my favorite holidays. It is so rushed and people get so cranky. The whole meaning is lost. I am always a Grinch during this time of year. But it's kinda of funny with this move and all the stuff that had to be done I really didn't have time to be a Grinch. So here it is the Friday before Christmas and all is done...the food is bought, the gift bought and wrapped and under the tree, the house is clean, the cookies are made, the stocking are stuffed and hung by the chiming with care in hope that St. Nicholas soon will be here.

So as the big guy in the red suit says....Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Robin said...

You're doing better than I am then. I have been so frustrated this year. I'll have to blog about it. My house is nowhere near being clean, but at least we're not having anyone over here for Christmas. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.