Thursday, December 14, 2006

As time goes by..


Here it is Thursday already and today is my youngest son N. birthday. He is 15 years old. Wow, I can't believe it. I took him shopping the other night and he picked up a couple of things and he wanted the rest in money. We will have a cake tonight and sing. He is really turning into such a nice young man.

Husband S. came home a night early. I was so looking forward to the last night by myself to enjoy but he left and was home by 6pm. We actually sat and watch a TV show together..The biggest Loser...how appropriate. Actually it was very nice. He did called a couple of time while he was away which was nice. It has been so distant here. We are on different pages of the book. But I have to say at least we are still in the same book. But this morning was a different story. He started up all over again. How much he hates his job, how he has no free time, how much he has to do and nobody to help him. I am so sick of it. Oh poor him.....Deal with it and get on with your life. The other night I told him to quit his job if he hated it that much of course he had to complain about that too. Who is going to pay the bills, I don't want to loose my retirement and benefits. Well then stop complaining. OK enough of that.

On a good note....I passed my written test today. I was down to number 25 with 5 wrong and had to answer that one correct or I would have failed again. And believe me it was a lucky guess. It was some question about the suspension of the car. Like I even know what that is. That is why they have car shops so they can tell me what is wrong with my car. I went there looking a mess. I decided not to fix my hair thinking that it would give me good luck since I would have to take a picture with messy hair and it worked.

I have the guy coming tomorrow to mark the lines for the hot tub to be hooked up. Soon he will have his hot tub again and that should make him happy. I feel so guilty. This is the first Christmas with him home in three years and I am wishing he was away. All of these deployments, TDY trips and PCS without me sure does take a toll on a marriage. But I have to be positive on this cause I really do want it to work out. And I know marriage is hard work some time it is harder than other time and this is one of those time.

Ok, now I really feel guilty...I stopped at the store to get some cards and thought I would pick one up for my husband so when he got home tonight it would be there. We used to get each other cards all the time. I really miss that. So he opened his card and I was in the bedroom and there was a card for me on my pillow. I guess sometimes we are on the same page.

No comments: