Monday, November 20, 2006

One of those days...

I am having just one of those days where nothing is going right. I am trying to keep a positive attitude but some how it just isn't working. Lets start with the little things...I forgot to put the trash out last night so I woke up this morning running around collecting the trash. Got that out to the curb. Check my email nothing new there. Check the blogs and got a cup of coffee.

I grab my phone and called the gas man who is supposed to install my dryer. He said he was coming tomorrow. I ask why he didn't call me to let me know. He couldn't find my number. I have called him three times and left messages with my phone number. Then I called the fence guy, I guess he doesn't know how to use the phone to call me back because I still haven't heard from him yet. Is it that hard to call me back with a date when you are going to finish my fence?

So I figured I would take a nice hot shower and as soon as I got out my cell phone rings. Its my oldest son J. calling me to tell me that my youngest son N. got his brand new not even one month old cell phone stolen at school. Now this is not the first time he has been robbed in gym class. Last month his wallet was stolen with his lunch money, his ATM card and his ID in it. I had to go a replace all of that. Now his cell phone. To say the least I was a bit pissed off. So off to school I went. And of course they can't do a thing. I suggested that maybe they should have check each kid before they left gym but it was a substitute teacher. So then I asked if she not know the rules and regulations of the school because as a parent I have to know them and sign a paper at the beginning of school saying that I read them. So I signed both of the boys out of school and we left.

Then it was off to Lowes to see about switching carpet. The guy who came and measured on Saturday said the carpet I picked out wasn't really that good and they have better stuff for the same price. So I get there and tell them what I am doing and while we were doing the wash (because I still don't have the washer and dryer hooked up yet) Lowes' calls me and asked me when we wanted our carpet installed? I said I just left there and I was switching carpet and I had to match the color with the two samples that I brought home. Maybe I was the only one in that conversation.

Then as I was talking to my daughter S. my cell rings it is the realtor from Tennessee, we are still trying to sell our house. The relo company's offer expires November 30 but my husband and I decided not to wait any longer since it has been on the market since July and we have been making mortgage payments on a house we no longer live in. So today he turns in the paper work to accept their offer and the realtor calls to tell me that someone made an offer on our house. Where was this offer last week? Oh well I said too late. And to top it off her offer was lower than the offer the relo company offered us. And she wants us to pay all closing cost and all repairs. As far as I am concerned the house was only lived in for two years and all repairs were done by us with the last inspection.

So now I am home...safe and sound....and this day is almost over so really not much more can happen today. And if one more thing goes wrong it is off to bed for the night. Things will get better tomorrow. Ok that was my positive thought for the day. The end.

1 comment:

Just Another *SINGLE* Mom said...

What a day!! U need some chocolate!