Saturday, February 03, 2007

Weeks just flying by...

Ok, another week has gone by already. I am so enjoying my job. This is a first. Finally things are falling into place and I am feeling more at home here than I did in the two years we were in Tennessee. I have decided to go back to school again. I wish I would have keep going while I was in Tennessee but I didn't. I am just going to take some classes on taxes, and non-profit business class and maybe a finance class and while I am at it another business law class. Who know by the time I am 50 I might complete my degree just in time to get ready for retirement.

On the subject of my van....it needs a heater coil...and it is not cheap. Not because of the part but the labor involved in replacing it. So I am still deciding on it and by the time I make up my mind it will be spring here and I won't need heat anymore.

On the subject of my oldest son J....I got a real interesting call from one of his friends mom last week while I was at work. She gets my cell phone number and his cell phone number mixed up all the time and when she call looking for him she always gets me. Well any way she was looking for my son, in which I replied that he is in school...but the funny thing was she got a phone call from the school and was told that her son was not there...hum...now I call the school to see if my son is there and to my surprise he was not. Now I call his cell phone and he answers and I ask him where he is....In school he says...no your not I say...long pause...more silence...busted I say...so why aren't you in school...he says I went out for lunch...hum...now what should I do with this kid? So we had a long talk, I know I should have taken his truck away but after checking his attendance record this was the first time so I gave him a warning. Only because it brought back memories of when I starting driving to school and cut to go to breakfast..Only I didn't get caught. I do however have a problem with the school letting the kids go outside during lunch but I guess that is the norm here. So I guess I will be checking his attendance record for a while to see if he is keeping his word and not cutting school anymore. I know I am a push over....

My parents are pretty lucky...they only live about 5 minutes from where the tornado came through and destroyed all those homes in Florida the other day. I called them on Friday morning to see if they were alright and they didn't even know what was going on. They used to live in the Villages in Lady Lake and recently move to Summerfield a little less than a year ago. But their old neighborhood wasn't hit. My dad still has the pins in his knee from when he fell off the ladder getting the Christmas decoration down from the attic so they were very lucky that the tornado missed them since he still can't walk on his leg.

Tomorrow is the Superbowl...Colts vs Bears. I don't really have a favorite. I like them both so I am hoping that it is a good game. I am kinda sorry that football is ending but now I can start to enjoy the college basketball games and get ready for the big dance...NCAA tournament time in March.

No comments: