Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Stressin...

What a week....to start off my son N. started drivers ed classes and he is driving already...hum...more gray hairs for me....His class goes from 8-10 so I went into my bosses office and explained to him that I would have to pick him up at 10am so I will be taking my lunch at that time. To give you some idea of my work...I usually do not take a lunch so everyone else can come and go as they please...I am not only the financial director, I am the answering machine, door greater, and catch all for what ever else comes along. So his response was that it was ok as long as it didn't interfere with any of their meetings and stuff. Now I have to say that I am not the only one who knows how to answer the phone there but we don't want to inconvenience anyone else who works there. (Yes, I am being sarcastic here.) A perfect example was Thursday night. We had a premier opening and it started at 6pm, now everyone left to go home and chance and freshen up but me and my co-worker S. We always stay and set up and tear down, do dishes and trash and make sure everything is back in place. So where is it written that we have to do this and why isn't all the employees helping. To say the least I am getting a little tired of being taken advantage of. And since I am complaining....I have to answer the phone but they forget to tell me things. They have meeting and I am never informed so I hardly ever know what is going on at the museum except when I read it in the papers. Pretty bad since there is only 8 employees working there. Ok, I feel better...

Next subject...ex in-laws...my ex father in law wants my son N to come down there after his drivers ed class and stay for a week. I already discussed this with him and said no. The drivers ed class ends the 8th of August and school starts on the 20th. There is only one week in which he needs to get ready for school. But no wasn't good enough...I get the ex calling me up to ask me why...So I explain it to him...he still doesn't understand. That is because he lives in a fantasy world with no responsibilities...must be nice...can I drop all my responsibilities too...not a chance. So now I have both of them ganging up on me. I told them I would think about it but not until the class is over. Now my ex father in law keeps on calling my son to find out information on how much the flights are and if there is a direct flight to Florida...so again I guess I didn't make myself clear...My son told me that he wants to give me his credit card so I can made the arrangement. Boy I don't remember wanting any of this to happen in the first place. So why would I want to do all the work....hum...

On a more positive note...my husband and I had a nice ride on Sunday and a real nice lunch on Saturday. It is amazing how we can live in the same house and I miss him. We really don't get to relax with each other until the weekend so we go all week without each other. Between work, working out, kids, dogs and house stuff who has the time....

Well thanks for listening and hope you all have a good night...

No comments: