Sunday, April 08, 2007

Two posts in a row...

Wow, Here I am with some time on my hands so I decided to post the happening of the weekend. Plus also change the layout...

I decided to switch phone service...from Embarq to cable. I should probably learn from past experiences but noooo I didn't and switched anyway. Now don't get me wrong I do like the cable company but when they came to hook up my TV and Internet they had to come back a couple of time to get it right. So why would hooking up the phone be any different. It wasn't. I made an appointment for Friday between 1-5. They called and came and hooked me all up. So when the phone rang and it was an old friend...another story...the phone wasn't really that clear. So I just thought it was her phone....but nooooo....it was mine. And how do I know that cause the next couple phone calls I got was the same way. So the cable company always calls to asked how things are and when they did I told them. So here I was on Saturday from 1-5 waiting for the cable man to come back out to fix the problem. Yes it is all fixed now.

The other story...I have a good friend P. that I met while we lived in Upstate NY. She did not live there but her boyfriend M. got PCS there from Massachusetts. She went out with M. for 12 years and come to see him every other weekend. To make a long story short they broke up and it was a bad one. So we continued to keep in contact through all my moves and years. She seemed like she found a great guy B. They got along things were going great. They eventually moved in together and have been together for 5 years. She eventually got a ring and thought things were good....but yes there is a but....last weekend he said that he had to go to Florida to see his dad...no big deal he has done this before. But after he left she found a Dear P. letter. He found someone on the Internet and was going to live with her. And two weeks later they got married. So through all the static on the phone I tried to give her my support through this rough time.

After running some errands, I got home and my husband said my mom called...hum...now anyone reading my blog knows this family has some issues...so I call her back. She called to wish me a Happy Easter which was very nice since she wasn't going to be home today. Then we start talking and she wanted to know what was going on and why there is so much tension and stress. So I tell her how I feel, I tell her about how the kids feel. We ended up talking for about 3 hours. A lot was said and a lot came off my chest. I feel so much better. I don't know if things will change but it is a start.

On the other side...my husband called his mom to wish her a happy Easter. She lives with his older brother who has needed a kidney transplant for a while so he is not in the best of health. Come to find out, his mom has been in the hospital for the last two weeks...nice of them to call and let us know...she is on oxygen and now her cancer is back so the decision has been made to find a living assistant home for her. I know this can't be easy for him. So all I can do is pray and be there for him.

Talked to my good friend J. We always compare notes on our moms. She is in the same position as I am. I guess it is that era. Her mom (my ex-mother in law) is sick and she still hasn't told her yet but everyone else knows. Also my ex-father in law is really sick too. My kids are planning a trip down there with their father in June to see him.

Today is going to be a lazy day. We got up and went to church and then to McD for breakfast. I go home and my son J's phone wasn't working so we tried to call Cingular and they are closed today. He was upset and so was I so I tried a different number and got a real person and now his phone is fixed. So as we were talking to the phone guy my son J. gave me and my husband an Easter gift and cards. He can be so sweet....

No comments: