Monday, March 05, 2007

Oh that son of mine....

Monday, is there anything normal about Mondays especially when you have an 18 year old son...to start off he came home last night and said that his new 2005 Ford Ranger was acting up...ok I said what is it doing? All the lights on his dash were coming on and it felt like it was going to stall. He said I think I will need a jump in the morning. So morning comes and the truck starts ok. So off to school he goes. He didn't get 10 minutes from home and my cell phone rings it is about 7:50 am...Mom, What I say, we broke down on I95...Ok, I'll be there...Do you want me to call the tow truck, yes I say...he calls me back about 2 minutes later...Mom, What..I think I ran out of gas...Ok J. I'll get the gas can and go get you some gas. I drive to the gas station, fill up with 5 gallons of gas and get on I95 to bring it to him. Finally find him and he put the gas in and nothing...still doesn't start.

Hum...wonder what could be wrong now? So we are waiting for the tow truck...45 minutes to an hour they say...So now it has been an hour and J calls back...they tell him 1/2 hour longer...so now it is almost 9am...where is that tow truck? They roadside assistant calls back..the tow truck is running late with another tow he will be there in 1/2 hour...but I will try to find someone else to came. Well we ended up waiting 3 hours on I95 and two trips home to go to the bathroom, for a tow truck and to top it off my van still does not have heat and since his truck couldn't start he didn't have heat either. So we sat there in the cold waiting and waiting...

Finally the tow truck comes and the truck is towed to the Ford dealer...They said it sounds like your alternator...and the good news is that is still covered under the warranty...Yea finally good news...so off to work I go and by this time I told the boys they can go home. So J drops me off at work and takes my van home.

At work the girl who sits in the outer office is sick and goes home. That leaves me answering phone...wasn't too bad today...just got a lot of stupid calls. At about 4pm my cell phone rings...It's the Ford dealer about J's truck...not good...there is all mud, dirt, water all caked on everything under the hood...well my son decided to go running around in the mud and then pulled someone out of the mud and then decided to wash it off at the car wash...not only the outside but under the hood too...so now it all has to be cleaned out, the alternator is packed with mud and dirt and is broke and it will now take 3-4 days to fix and none of it is covered under the warrenty...and hopefully he didn't do any damage to the engine....

So now J pickes me up from work and we head to the Ford dealer to see what has to be done and J tells me to turn left and it is the wrong way...so I started to turn at this light and it is a one way street and before I notice it I was already into the turn so I quickly turn and go into a parking lot to turn around. I get out at the light and go a couple of feet and behind me are yes you guessed it a cop and he pulls me over...now I am a little upset to say the least and I start rambling on about how I was lost and new to the area and needed to turn around and he says calm down and breath...I am not going to give you a ticket I just want you to be more careful and pay attention to the streets here cause it is rush hour...finally a break...need I say more... before...

after...

So now I say is there ever a such thing as a normal Monday...I think not.

No comments: