Friday, May 25, 2007

Memorial Day weekend...


DAY

Boy do I need a day off...and I am so looking forward to this Monday...I thought I would have a nice long weekend with my husband but we just found out last night that his mom is really sick and is in the hospital and they don't expect her to make it through the week. So he will be heading off to Kansas to see her. Right now he is on his way home from Ft. Indiantown Gap. He had a meeting there and a retirement party for one of his LAR's.

I found out that my son J. will graduate. After a phone call to come in and meet with his advisor we went over everything. They thought that he was still failing History but he did some extra credit to bring his grade up to an 80 so it was only algebra that he is failing but he will still be able to graduate. Boy talk about taking it down to the wire. He has two more exams on Tuesday and Wednesday and then he is done with high school. He will have a senior breakfast and rehersals and a pool party the first week of June so it should be fun for him. At least we can all breath easier knowing he will graduate. Only one more kid to go.

My son J. got a tattoo last night. It looks pretty nice. It is a cross with praying hands and it is on his right upper arm. It almost takes up the whole part of the arm. He got it at the Chop Shop in Hope Mills and they really did a nice job. Check out their web site.... www.chopshoptattoos.com

Work is very lonely today. Almost everyone took off or took a 1/2 day off. So I am upstairs all by myself. Can't wait until 5pm to get out of here.

Update: When I got home tonight we got the phone call that my mother-in-law had passed away at 4:15 this afternoon.



And all those who can't be home this Memorial Day....

2 comments:

Just Another *SINGLE* Mom said...

Sorry to hear about your MIL

K. said...

thank you.